Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The 2020 call for entries is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted their amazing products. Highlights from this product call will be published in ARCHITECT magazine's April issue, as well as at archlighting.com and architectmagazine.com.
ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT magazines invite you to submit new products for editorial consideration on archlighting.com, on architectmagazine.com, and in ARCHITECT’s April 2020 issue, which will be distributed at Lightfair and other industry trade shows. Only luminaires, light sources, and lighting products that have been released after May 2019 will be considered for publication. All submissions will also be considered for product coverage by all of Hanley Wood’s brands.
Entering the AL Product Call is a two-step process. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser. Submissions via email will not be accepted.
- Step 1: Registration and Payment. Click here to create an account. Complete the short online registration form and pay for your entries. This form cannot be revised once submitted. You will receive an emailed payment receipt and email confirmation, which will direct you to log back into the site to begin Step 2. If you are entering more than one product, you will have to register each product individually, but you will be able to copy your registration information over (click Copy Application or Make Another Submission before you check out the cart). You can also add a submission at a later time; use the same login credentials to receive the discounted rate for registering multiple products.
- Step 2: Submit Product Information and Images. After you have registered your product and paid the applicable fee, you will be asked to log back into the site and submit product information and marketing assets. Product information includes press releases and performance specifications. Do not send full catalogs. You can save and edit your submissions until you hit the Save and Finalize button.
Please add email@example.com to your email's safe senders list to receive updates about your submission.
ENTRY GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
Product Submission Requirements
- Completed registration form with entrant’s contact information, including: name, title, company name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. If you are submitting materials on behalf of a manufacturer, please enter the manufacturer that you are representing.
- Product information, including: press releases and technical spec sheets that describe the product in detail. Do not send full catalogs.
- Digital image(s) being included as part of the submission (see Artwork Submission Requirements below). Images can show the product by itself (silhouette) or in an installation/application setting.
- All artwork must be 300 dpi, and at least 4” x 6” or the closest approximation. Acceptable file formats are JPEG, TIFF, EPS, or PSD. There should be no text, such as the manufacturer’s name, on the images.
- Please label the digital image files using the following format: Manufacturer Product Name_Image_No.
- Please limit your uploaded materials to 50 MB total.
Luminaires, light sources, and lighting products that have been released after May 2019 qualify for editorial consideration. Submissions are encouraged from all lighting companies worldwide. ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT will not republish products that have received past coverage.
This annual special feature will include more than 15 lighting products in the categories below:
- Daylighting/Solar Control/Shading Devices
- Decorative Lighting
- Emergency/Exit Lighting
- Lamps and Ballasts
- Landscape Lighting
- LEDs and Drivers
- Lighting Controls and Systems
- Lighting Software Programs
- Light Measuring Tools
- Optics, Films, Lens, and Reflectors
- Outdoor Lighting
- Research and Lighting Reference Publications
- Specialty Items and Accessories
- Street and Area Roadway Lighting
- Theatrical Lighting
ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT reserve the right to amend categories and category names to reflect the current state of product submissions.
ENTRY DEADLINE (EXTENDED!)
All product information, details, and images must be submitted and finalized by end of day
Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, Wed., March 4, 2020, at midnight EST. This deadline will not be extended due to the tight publication schedule.
REGISTRATION FEES (in U.S. dollars)
- A flat fee of $95 will be charged to register up to five products by the same manufacturer.
- Each additional entry beyond five products by the same manufacturer costs $15 each.
This fee covers administrative costs for the AL + AR Product Call. Companies can submit up to five individual products for $95. If a company would like to submit more than five products, an additional processing fee of $15 per each product will be charged. Submission fees are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
All materials submitted to the 2020 AL + AR Product Call become the property of Hanley Wood Media, which will not be responsible or liable for them. Product submissions will not be accepted via e-mail or mail.
Please email Wanda Lau, tech and practice editor for ARCHITECT and ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING via email.