DEADLINE: FEB. 16, 2018
ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT magazines invite you to submit new products for editorial consideration. Selected products will appear on archlighting.com, on architectmagazine.com, and in ARCHITECT’s April 2018 issue, which will be distributed at Lightfair and other industry trade shows. Luminaires, light sources, and lighting products that have been released after June 2017 will be considered for publication. All submissions will also be considered for potential product coverage by all of Hanley Wood’s brands.
Entering the AL + AR Product Call is a two-step process. We recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser. Submissions via email will not be accepted.
- Step 1: Registration and Payment. Click here to create an account and begin your entry. Complete the short online registration form and pay for your entries. This form cannot be revised once submitted. You will receive an emailed payment receipt and email confirmation, which will direct you to log back into the site to begin Step 2.
- Step 2: Submission Materials. After you have registered your product and paid the applicable fee, you will be asked to log back into the site and submit product information and marketing assets. Product information may include detailed press releases and technical and performance specifications. Do not send full catalogs. You can save, edit, log out, and log into your submissions until you save and finalize your submission.
Product submissions must include the following, which the online entry process will request step-by-step:
- Completed registration form with entrant’s contact information.
- Product description and technical or performance specs.
- Supplementary information, such as press releases.
- Digital image files. Photographs showing the product in silhouette, an installation, or in application are acceptable. Artwork must be 300 dpi with a minimum dimension of 4 inches. Appropriate file types are JPEG, TIFF, EPS, and PSD. No text or manufacturer name should appear on the images. Label the digital image files using the following format: Manufacturer_ProductName_ ##, with ## representing the sequential number of the image uploaded.
Luminaires, light sources, and lighting products that have been released after June 2017 qualify for editorial consideration. We welcome submissions from lighting companies worldwide though your product should be commercially available in the United States. Note: ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT will not publish products that they have already covered.
Entrants are welcomed to submit lighting products in a range of categories. During the submission process, entrants will be asked to pick from the list below. Though some products may encompass multiple categories, please limit your selection to one category.
- Daylighting/Solar Control/Shading Devices
- Decorative Lighting
- Emergency/Exit Lighting
- Fiber Optics
- Lamps and Ballasts
- Landscape Lighting
- LEDs and Drivers
- Lighting Controls and Systems
- Lighting Software Programs
- Light Measuring Tools
- Optics, Films, Lens, and Reflectors
- Outdoor Lighting
- Research and Lighting Reference Publications
- Specialty Items and Accessories
- Street and Area Roadway Lighting
- Theatrical Lighting
Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST
All products must be submitted by this date. The deadline will not be extended.
For $50, entrants can submit up to five individual products by one manufacturer. Entrants must register and pay for one product submission before registering the remaining four products including in the flat $50 fee. An additional processing fee of $10 per additional entry will be applied. Submission fees are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All materials submitted to the 2018 AL + AR Product Call become the property of Hanley Wood Media, ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING, and ARCHITECT, which will not be responsible or liable for them.
QUESTIONS? Please address all inquiries to:
Ayda Ayoubi, Assistant Editor
ARCHITECTURAL LIGHTING and ARCHITECT